We are currently accepting applications to begin working in Autumn 2018.
To apply, you must be an undergraduate student at OSU. You must be enrolled for 6 or more credit hours and have Work Study funds.
MSLC Student Office Assistant applications are typically reviewed in June and July with hiring decisions made in July and August.
MSLC Student Office Assistant Job Description
- Tutor Room Greeter Duties
- Greet ALL students as they come in to the tutor room every single time
- Politely ask them to sign into the Tutortrac computer and assist them as needed
- Ask them if this is theifirst visit and if so, give them an MSLC information sheet and tell them a little bit about the tutoring works
- When students leave, ask them to sign out
- If working last shift of the day, clear everyone out before you leave and ensure everyone has logged out. Check for any left behind materials and bring them to Resource Center. Turn off lights and shut door on your way out.
- Resource Center Duties
- MSLC student office assistants returning for a second year who have demonstrated excellent attendance, work ethic, and customer service may be offered additional responsibilities working in the MSLC's Resource Center.
- Greet anyone who enters the resource center and ask how they can be assisted
- Check out books and calculators to students
- Answer questions regarding
- Resource Center
- Open tutor rooms in the morning and lock up tutors rooms at the end of the day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Friendly, outgoing, and are able to provide excellent customer service.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Be prompt, helpful, and polite.
- To apply, you must be an undergraduate student at OSU with Work Study Funds and you must be enrolled for 6 or more credit hours.
- You must be available for training on Monday, August 20th.
How Much We Pay MSLC Student Office Assistants
- Beginning MSLC Student Office Assistants will be paid at an hourly rate of $8.10.
- MSLC Student Office Assistants who return to work in succeeding years will receive an increase in their hourly rate.