The deadline for the 2019-2020 school year has PASSED. Any applications received will be kept on file and considered for the 2020-2021 school year.
To apply, you must be an undergraduate student at OSU. You must be enrolled for 6 or more credit hours during the semester employed, Work Study funds, and have accepted your work study funds via BuckeyeLink.
MSLC Student Office Assistant applications are typically reviewed in June and July with hiring decisions made in July and August.
MSLC Student Office Assistant Job Description
- Tutor Room Greeter Duties
- Greet ALL students as they come in to the tutor room every single time
- Politely ask them to sign into the TutorTrac computer and assist them as needed
- Ask them if this is their first visit and if so, give them an MSLC information sheet and tell them a little bit about how tutoring works
- When students leave, ask them to sign out
- If working last shift of the day, clear everyone out before you leave and ensure everyone has logged out. Check for any left-behind materials and bring them to the Resource Center. Turn off lights and shut door on your way out.
- Resource Center Duties
- MSLC student office assistants returning for a second year who have demonstrated excellent attendance, work ethic, and customer service may be offered additional responsibilities working in the MSLC's Resource Center.
- Greet anyone who enters the Resource Center and ask how they can be assisted
- Check out books and calculators to students
- Answer questions regarding
- Resource Center
- Open tutor rooms in the morning and lock up tutors rooms at the end of the day
- Other duties as assigned
- Friendly, outgoing, and are able to provide excellent customer service
- Exceptional people skills
- Be prompt, helpful, and polite
- To apply, you must be an undergraduate student at OSU with Work Study Funds and you must be enrolled for 6 or more credit hours during the semester you are employed
- You must be available for training on Monday, August 19th
How Much We Pay MSLC Student Office Assistants
- Beginning MSLC Student Office Assistants will be paid at an hourly rate of $8.55