We are now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. The deadline for applications is Sunday, March 3rd.
To apply, you must be an undergraduate student at OSU and be enrolled in enough credit hours to be considered a full time student.
Tutor Job Description
- Tutors will be assigned to one of our MSLC tutor rooms based upon the tutor's personal preference, the tutor's level of expertise, the tutor's availability, and student demand.
- After reporting to work promptly at the scheduled time, MSLC tutors are expected to be helpful, courteous, and respectful to students at all times.
- Tutors are expected to work with a student for one or two problems at a time and then to move on.
- MSLC tutors should provide feedback to students and an opportunity for discussion and exploration.
- Tutors should encourage students in the tutor room to work with and learn from each other.
- Tutors will work with students providing wonderful help and hints but will NOT do the problems for the student.
- Tutors are expected to attend weekly in-person trainings and additional assigned online trainings. Particularly in their first semester, tutors should expect to spend 1-2 hours per week on training.
- In Autumn 2020, all new tutors must be available Wednesdays either 8am-9am or 9:10am-10:10am for training. In addition, new tutors must be available Monday, August 17th for training.
When We Hire Tutors
- Typically we hire for the academic year during the prior spring semester.
You may fill out an application whenever you'd like. We keep applications on file for a year. We will contact you if we are interested in interviewing you for a position.
How Much We Pay Tutors
- Beginning MSLC undergraduate tutors will be paid at an hourly rate of $9.51
- Tutors who return to work as MSLC tutors in succeeding years may receive an increase in their hourly rate.
- Tutors should possess excellent mathematics skills.
- Tutors should possess excellent communication skills.
- Tutors should possess a patient, helpful, caring, and sensitive demeanor and a positive attitude when working with students.
- To apply, you must be an undergraduate student at OSU, and be enrolled in enough credit hours to be considered a full time student.
Apply Online: If you are ready to apply, please complete and submit the application.